Grilled Shrimp Ceasar Salad
• 1 pound raw shrimp
• 1 tablespoon good olive oil
• 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
• 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
• Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Peel and devein the shrimp, leaving
the tails on. Place them on a sheet pan with the olive oil, salt, and
pepper and spread them in 1 layer. Roast for 8 to10 minutes, just
until pink and firm and cooked through. Set aside to cool.
You can buy a precooked Cornbread round at Traders Joes. Cut into 1/2″
cubes. Toss with olive oil (or butter – both is obviously better), garlic salt,
fresh pepper. Bake on a sheet tray at 425 degree CONVECTION oven. Toss
intermittently during baking. Cool completely.
Ceasar Salad Dressing
• 3 cloves peeled garlic
• 4 anchovy fillets in olive oil, drained (Trader Joes)
• 3 ounces freshly grated Parmesan, plus a few shavings to serve
• 2 tablespoons creme fraiche
• 1 lemon, juiced
• Extra-virgin olive oil
In a blender mince garlic and anchovies. Add creme fraiche, lemon juice,
salt and pepper and blend again. While blending slowly drizzle in ~1/4 c
EVOO to form an emulsion. Add Parmesan and blend again briefly – so
dressing has a little texture. Taste and adjust salt and pepper as needed.
Combine shrimp, croutons and cherry tomatoes with 4c chopped Romaine
lettuce. Toss with dressing and garnish with Parmesan shavings and lemon.